Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and we are all looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While so many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your health, comfort and safety.
We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe. We follow infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).We closely follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
You will see several changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to ensure the best protection of our patients and staff. Here are some examples:
- Appointments will be managed to allow for optimal social distancing between patients. This might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you arrive in the office on the day of your visit. You will also have your temperature taken by a member of the team upon arrival.
- Please arrive at least 10 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time. This is critical so that we can coordinate patients entering and exiting the building with maximum social distancing possible.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. We also ask that you wear a mask at all times when inside the office common areas. Please bring your own mask. If you have forgotten your mask, please let us know and we can give you one.
- We will do our best to stagger time between patients to reduce the number of patients in the hallways and common areas at any one time.
- Upon arrival for your appointment, we ask that you remain in your car and call us to let us know you have arrived at 206-525-4994. We will phone you back when we are ready to seat you for your appointment. We ask that ONLY the person receiving care come into the office unless they are a minor, in which case ONE parent may accompany the patient.
- If you are not arriving in a car where you can wait until your appointed time (if you have walked, rode a bike or have taken public transportation) we will have a few seats in our reception area available. They will be spread out for social distancing.
- Upon completion of your treatment, one of our team members will coordinate your exit of the building with a brief stop at the front desk. Our goal is to minimize time spent at the front desk or in the common areas.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient and our dental team safe in our practice.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.